If you’re ready to effect worldwide change, one of the greatest ways you can make a difference is by volunteering for women’s empowerment and girls’ education. Despite making up 50% of the world’s population, millions of women and girls around the world continue to be marginalized and regulated to an inferior standing in their communities, depriving them the ability to reach their full potential and maximize their contributions to society.
The challenge is to change centuries of oppression, one mind at a time. It starts when you acknowledge that we all need to work towards women’s empowerment and girls’ education, not just in our own communities, but on a global level. Gender inequality is an insidious problem, and it affects more than just women; it impacts their families, from one generation to the next.
Imagine that your mother and her mother could not read, could not buy healthy food, or was denied basic health care. This is something women encounter every day in developing countries – in addition to physical and sexual abuse. Young girls being sent into child marriage or labor. It’s difficult to imagine if you live in an affluent country, where laws and different cultural norms promise you some level of gender equality.
But women can do more to help their families and their communities, and in the process break the cycle of poverty. The solution is education. Education not only exterminates inequality, it leads to economic and social development.
You can be of help. Just,
1. Volunteering with Education volunteer Ghana that teaches women about their legal rights.
2. Volunteer with us to provide opportunities on teaching English, computer literacy, and other skills to help women and girls build better futures for themselves, and earn an income to support their family.
3. Providing medical care, family planning support, and counseling in a women’s health clinic.
4. Help women build small businesses – whether you’re teaching them financial literacy, business development, or even helping with teaching arts and crafts for income generation (basket weaving, jewelry-making, sewing, beads making, soap making, and more).
Volunteer to make a difference. In many ways, you can help women and girls build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Apply to create an immeasurable difference and impact.
- About Us
- Volunteer Abroad
- ANIMAL CARE VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- CAREER BREAK VOLUNTEERING ABROAD
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- CONSTRUCTION VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- DONATION VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- FAMILY VOLUNTEER VACATIONS ABROAD
- GAP YEAR VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- HEALTH CARE VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- HUMAN RIGHT VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- IT VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- ORPHAN OR CHILDCARE VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- SPORTS COACHING ABROAD
- SPRING BREAK VOLUNTTER ABROAD
- SUMMER VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- TEACHING ABROAD
- UNIVERSITY GROUP VOLUNTEER
- VOLUNTEER VACATION ABROAD
- WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT & GIRLS’ EDUCATION VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- YOUTH VOLUNTEER ABROAD
- Intern Abroad
- SUMMER PROGRAMS